

I had originally planned to run this race for my first half marathon and was training for it when I developed sesamoiditis in my right foot that made me have to completely stop running for a few months and unable to continue to keep building mileage so I ran the 5k today:) It was a GREAT race crossing over a dam and back....absolutely beautiful. There is a BIG hill that you go down and then back up and it was killer but I never stopped running and that was my goal. Coming back off of this injury has taken a long time and I am just now getting my endurance back but I am SO proud of myself for sticking with it and not letting these injuries sideline me forever. I might be a SLOW runner (finished in 36:42) but it is much better than not running at all:)
No comments:
Post a Comment